As the name suggests, this former old tram shed was built in 1904 in the village of Saltaire, which itself was founded in 1853 by Sir Titus Salt and takes its name from Sir Titus himself and the River Aire.
Built by Sir Titus, Salts Mill was the centrepiece of. Saltaire around which he built the entire village, naming the streets after his children and family.
Sir Titus however, would not allow a public house within the confines of the village fearing his workers would spend all their wages on ale and be too hung over to come to work. The last tram left the Saltaire depot in 1939 though it was still used during the 1950s for trolleybuses, later becoming a warehouse.
Today, beautifully restored, The Old Tramshed is still an important landmark as well as a focal point for locals and visitors alike, and very much a part of the local community.